Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use the link below to access information on how to do the research process using Gannon Resources.
Search all library resources at once for articles, books/eBooks, videos and more.
If you experience problems with the One Search search box above click the link below to go directly to the main search page.
Academic Search Ultimate
Provides full text for more than 10,000 journals and magazines.
HeinOnline for Academics
Journals, books, and reference documents on Government, Politics, and Law
Scholarly archives of journal articles from many different disciplines.
Open Access Resources:
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals - The directory contains 350 quality controlled scientific and scholarly electronic journals that are freely available on the web.
- biab Online - british and irish archaeological bibliography - "biab online exists to support research work of all kinds. It provides bibliographic references - many with abstracts - covering all aspects of archaeology and the historic environment, and every chronological period, with a geographical focus on Britain and Ireland. There are almost 200,000 references from over three centuries of scholarship - with over 1,500 new records added each year."
- BOPCRIS - Indexing for selections among British parliamentary papers.
- British History Online - "digital library containing some of the core printed primary and secondary sources for the medieval and modern history of the British Isles. Created by the Institute of Historical Research and the History of Parliament Trust, it aims to support academic and personal users around the world in their learning, teaching and research. Access to freely available content only.
- Feminae: Medieval Women and Gender Index - The Index aims to become a reliable guide to the scholarship on women and gender
during the Middles Ages, providing timely coverage, a wide range of publications indexed on a regular basis, and a thorough description of each item (in addition to the usual author, title, subjects, and source, MFI includes century, geographic area, descriptions of illustrations and tables, and primary evidence
- Irish History Online - Bibliography of Irish History - "an authoritative guide (in progress) to what has been written about Irish history
from earliest times to the present. It currently contains approximately 83,000 bibliographic records (July 2013)."