Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
When you have found an article that you have not been able to locate within the library resources, you may request by using the library's ILL services. the Login box below and to the left will let you create or access. Gannon email accounts are required and must be used for delivery of electronic documents.
Online students needing to request books via ILL are encouraged to use local library loan services to prevent shipping delays.
- Textbooks cannot be requested. If you place a request for a textbook the request will be canceled.
- If the material you have requested is owned by Nash Library, we will cancel your request and help you access the requested material in our collection.
- Delivery time is dependent on the library sending the material, the availability of the requested material, and the accuracy of the details of your request. Requests are usually processed within 1-2 business days when classes are in session. ILL books can take at least one week to arrive. Journal articles usually arrive within two days, but can take up to one week to arrive. Weather conditions may effect delivery.
- Some requests may be filled using Open Access copies of from the publisher's website, or copies of author or approved manuscripts found Open Access search tools.
- You will be contacted via your Gannon email when items arrive. The email address you enter must be your Gannon University email address. No outside email addresses will be allowed.
- Articles are delivered directly to your ILLiad account (Electronically Received Articles) and stored for 20 days. Delivered articles should be downloaded and/or printed upon receipt.
- Books must be picked up and returned to the Nash Library & Student Learning Commons' Service Desk. You will get an email notifying you that the ILL book is ready to be picked up. Books have a loan period anywhere from two weeks to one month.
- Materials not returned by the due date or recall date will result in the patron's ILLiad and library account being blocked, and fines being assessed.
- Renewal of books must be done by you from within your ILLiad account. Some lending libraries do not allow renewals, you can only renew a book one time, and you have to submit the renewal before the book is due.
Inter-Library Loan Tips
The ILLiad system is used by Nash Library to request articles or books from other institutions for our students.
The following tips will help you as you plan your research.
- Does the library have access to the title?
- It is best to utilize the library's links to our database for searching. Our services are set up to authenticate you as a member of Gannon providing you with full text that may not be available by doing internet searches.
- If you prefer to search by some other method, the library does provide Full Text Journal Title Search that will allow you to search and connect to the full text of currently available titles.
- Give yourself plenty of time. Most academic library's only provide articles and ship books Monday thru Friday.
- The individual libraries that provide books to our patrons set the due date, so be sure to keep the paperwork attached to the book to avoid late fees.